This page applies to the Caesar Rodney, Capital, Lake Forest, Milford, and Smyrna School Districts.
- The filing deadline for School Board elections is the first Friday in March at 4:30 p.m.
- School Board members serve 5-year terms
- Contact the Department of Elections for Kent County at 302-739-4498 if you have any questions
Seats up for election
School Board qualifications
- Must be a citizen of the United States and Delaware and live in the school district
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the election
- Must live in the nominating district for which he/she is a candidate
- Cannot be a paid employee of the district subject to rules & regulations of the board
- Must never have been convicted of embezzlement
How to file
- Get a School Board Member Filing Packet from the Department of Elections for Kent County or click here to fill it out.
- File a completed Candidate Filing Form with the Department of Elections for Kent County no later than 4:30 p.m. on the first Friday in March in the year of the election.
- The filing form must be notarized if not completed in the Department's office.
- Complete and submit a Certificate of Intention to the State Election Commissioner or complete it online
- A candidate may withdraw by filing a Withdrawal Form to the Department of Elections for Kent County before the date of the election.
- The withdrawal form must be notarized if not completed in the Department's office.